Our Mission, Vision & Values
Our mission is to:
- Serve the interests of the Certified Forensic Practitioners and society, by upholding internationally acceptable professional standards and integrity,
- Cohere the emerging industries,
- Co-ordinate key initiatives to develop the industry,
- Delivering competent entry level members with relevant skills,
- Providing services to assist members to maintain and enhance their professional competence thereby enabling them to create value for their clients and employers,
- Enhancing the quality of information used in the private and public sectors for measuring and enhancing organizational performance in relation to commercial forensic matters,
- Fulfilling a leadership role regarding relevant business related issues and providing reliable and respected public commentary; and
- Influence stakeholders through improving their confidence in ACFP and its members.
- The ACFP mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in forensic accounting, forensic auditing, forensic investigation, forensic interviewing and fraud examination.
- The ACFP is to be recognized as a forensic accounting, forensic auditing, forensic investigation, forensic interviewing and fraud examination qualification that reflects ethics, excellence and innovation through the activities of our Institute and our members.
- To maximize the share of people who want a career built on professional forensic accounting, forensic auditing, forensic investigation, forensic interviewing and fraud examination skills.
Broad principles of a self-regulatory body (SRB)
- Exists at the request of a profession, industry and market,
- Does not directly and actively represent or lobby for an industry or profession,
- Is independent of other bodies and affiliations,
- Has active support from the industry, key client markets and government,
- Is financially independent and viable,
- Serious consequences for non-compliance.
- To be an recognized and respected regulator of the commercial certified forensic practitioners in the world.
- To be the leading resource for developing, certifying, connecting and supporting the world’s best Certified Practitioners in business. The ACFP is known for being the world’s best member’s services organizations.
- The ACFP will be recognized as a strong independent body of Certified Practitioners supporting business needs through its internationally recognized qualification.
- Building successful careers and organizations requires the ability to rise above shifting business landscapes. At ACFP, we are pleased to support the journey.
- The Institute will act in the best interests of the industry and its professionals as a whole without bias or favor.
Key values include: